Monday, November 21, 2011

Three Button Wrap

A little over a year ago, a friend asked me to make a wrap that she saw in some expensive store.  It was knitted, of course, and back then I didn't knit yet.  So I made one in Tunisian crochet and I *wish* I would have written down the instructions at the time.  Anyway, fast forward one year and sure enough, she asked for another one!  This time, I've got the pattern to share.  Not so much a pattern as it is a formula.  This can be worked in any stitch pattern, crochet, knit, Tunisian crochet, you name it.
 This wrap is basically a wide, long rectangle, with approximate dimensions of 18" X 72".  Mentally break up the wrap into 3 equal sections.  In the last third of the wrap, evenly place button holes, approximately 6" apart.  You can add or take away space depending on your preferences and choice of buttons.  Use any yarn, any hook, and/or any needles.

Start with a foundation single crochet (or chain) equaling your desired length.  In the example shown it is 18".  Continue in desired stitch pattern for 54", place button hole, continue 6" and place another button hole, continue 6", place last button hole, and finish off wrap with a final 6" of pattern stitches.  I placed my button holes approximately 2" from the edge of the fabric.









 


Here is a very basic diagram showing the dimensions.  Forgive my pathetic Paint skills.  LOL!  The blue dots represent the button holes.  Can't wait to see what you make with it!





11 comments:

  1. That looks great ... versatile and easy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope you have fun with it - and please share pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! I've used several yarn weights, but I believe the ones pictured are all worsted weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats,On your design in ,Inside Crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing! I've been looking for the perfect shawl for the chilly days that will stay put .... This is it! I will post ad I go along. I plan to use a Premier Yarn Sweet Roll or Lion Brand Mandala. The Mandala is really thin tho. I will use something of not cotton, lol. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the button hole a horizontal button hole?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t know if you’re still doing this or not since I can find no link. I am trying to do the bamboo stitch beanie. I’m just figuring out the stitch. I’m stuck. How do you do one color for forward pass and another for return pass?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Website paling ternama dan paling terpercaya di Asia ^^
    Sistem pelayanan 24 Jam Non-Stop bersama dengan CS Berpengalaman respon tercepat :) Memiliki 9 Jenis game yang sangat digemari oleh seluruh peminat poker / domino


    Bandar Poker Terpercaya
    Agen Poker Pkv Terpercaya
    Agen Poker Deposit Pulsa
    Agen Poker pkv Terbaik
    Pkv Games
    Agen Poker Pkv Deposit Pulsa
    Agen Poker Online Banyak Bonusnya
    Agen Bandar Poker Pkv
    AGEN POKER ONLINE TERPERCAYA POKERVVIP

    ReplyDelete