It's been awhile since I've been able to post! My little ones and I have been so sick. I ended up in the ER with my oldest boy. He had a terrible fever and was really dehydrated. Poor thing. Then I got sick, my little boy, and finally, my princess. Fevers and coughs all around. It totally sucked. Thankfully, I think we are on the mend...physically anyway.
My little boy, 14 months now, is, I think, entering the terrible 2s early. The past few days he's been throwing temper tantrums and being cranky. This is soooo uncharacteristic of him! But, just when you think you've got your child pegged, they up and change on you. That's one of the joys of parenting! LOL
So, I was compiling a list of advice for an Irish twin mom and here's what I've come up with so far:
1. Ask for help. Especially in those first few weeks and months. Don't be shy about it. Don't be proud. You are going to need it.
2. Don't be fooled by your older child's initial reaction. It may be one of interest or disinterest. Rest assured, given some time your child will realize Mommy's attention has been diverted, and he/she will let you know they are...ahem...displeased. Just be sure to let them know how important they still are, but do not sacrifice that important one-on-one bonding time with your new baby.
3. Get on a schedule. Obviously, this will be difficult at first; I am still having trouble with it now. But at least they go to bed at the same time every night now. That is wonderful! Now, if only I could get them to nap together...
4. Don't be bummed if you can't BF. Hard as I tried, I couldn't BF my LO while trying to spoon feed my older one. Oh well...she's just fine.
5. Invest in a really good carrier. Baby Bjorn, hotsling, who cares! Just get something that you like and that works for you. You are going to need something to carry the infant in...especially because you will have a wobbly walker (or almost walker) on your hands at that time.
Well, that's what I've got for now...until I reach the next phase in this crazy journey of mine. For now, I better eat some breakfast before the other kids wake up. If I don't eat now, I may not eat until dinner. LOL!!